5.20.2011

Blessings-LONG POST!

We have had some really amazing blessings in the last month that I just wanted to share, because I feel like I need to write these types of things down.

First, back in April Cody's work was starting to require all the employees to take VTO (voluntary time off) which started to make me worried for Cody's job.  We were really stressed about making ends meet when he would only have worked just a couple days a week.  He started looking for another job and applying here and there but nothing was working out.  He found a job at Central Utah Clinc and it required a certificate in A+, Cody is currently enrolled in that program but doesn't have his certificate yet.  But he thought what the heck I will apply and see what happens.  He applied and went in for his interview, and got a call a few days later saying that he got the job.  He literally works less than 5 minutes from our house which really saves on gas, and they have great benefits.  He loves his job, he actually enjoys going to work now.  But back to the story :) he got hired and went to his current job at MyEbiz and put in his 2 weeks but instead of letting him work 2 weeks the pretty much just laid him off that day because they couldn't continue to pay him, which was another struggle for us.  He started work on April 25 and he had to wear business casual shirts, but Cody didn't have any of those types of clothes with the help of my dad he was able to get tons of clothes that he can wear to work.  A week after Cody left MyEbiz they laid off everyone on his team so we truly are blessed!  I am glad we have a Heavenly Father than listens to our prayers and helps us in times of need.

Second,
Last week we were struggling with money, and I knew we had 2 bills that were coming out that weekend.  One was my car insurance and the other was our car payment.  I was the only one getting paid that week and it was a very small check because I had been sick and only worked 24 hours.  I calculated trying to figure out how much my check would be to make sure it would cover our 2 bills, and every time I did we came out short and there wouldn't be enough for the bills.  When Friday rolled around and my check was desposited it was more than I thought, and we ended up have just a couple bucks left over after our 2 bills were paid.  I felt so blessed to be able to make those payments.  However we did struggle the rest of the week, it really helped me to realize how much stuff we really had.

SORRY for the long post, but I really needed to write this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment